The gold standard 595 & 1064 nm system.
From the recognized leader in vascular treatment.
WHAT IT’S FOR
Technology you trust. Innovation you need.
The Vbeam® Prima system: designed to treat 20+ indications.1,2,3
Healthcare providers all over the world use the Vbeam Prima system to treat a variety of indications – for face and body – with high patient tolerability and a low incidence of side effects.1-12
Get results that can take your practice to the next level.
Here are just two examples of the significant improvements you can achieve for your patients with the Vbeam Prima system.
- In a clinical study, rosacea symptoms were significantly reduced from moderate to mild 13,14
- Difficult-to-treat erythema was reduced from severe to mild
- 84% of patients had >40% rosacea improvement
- Minimal adverse side effects reported13
- 94% of patients reported being very satisfied with results 14
- The Vbeam Prima system with the 595 nm wavelength highly targets the vascular component of scar tissue
- In a clinical study, all scars (100%) treated with the Vbeam PDL showed significant improvements in cosmesis15
- 80% of patients treated with Vbeam were very to extremely satisfied with their results, and 77% experienced no to moderate pain15
- Vbeam is proven for treating various vascular skin lesions5 and the cosmetic appearance of surgical scars in Fitzpatrick skin types I to IV16
7 ways the Vbeam Prima device can enhance your practice – and your patients’ experience.
- Two wavelengths = more treatment parameters:
- Our proprietary 595 nm wavelength deeply penetrates the skin to reach targeted blood vessels.5 Its energy is absorbed by oxyhemoglobin to coagulate and clear vessels with more tolerability and fewer instances of melanin absorption.17
- New: The Vbeam Prima device adds a 1064 nm wavelength that lets you treat blue veins, venous lakes, and wrinkles
- Greater results in less time. The Vbeam Prima device features a larger max treatment spot size and greater max energy with 595 nm. That adds up to faster, more efficient treatments.
- Two types of cooling for maximum versatility and epidermal protection:
- Our patented cryogen-based Dynamic Cooling Device™ (DCD™) scales with fluence to automatically administer consistent epidermal protection.
- EverCool™ contact cooling lets you treat vascular and pigmented lesions at the same time.
- Once-daily system calibration. The Vbeam Prima device auto-calibrates on startup, for less downtime between treatments and more efficient treatments when using a variety of settings.
- Smart dye life management. The system’s dye life meter provides real-time data, helping users avoid unexpected treatment interruptions due to dye loss.
- Precision targeting. The Vbeam Prima device’s versatile zoom handpiece lets users adjust the spot size in increments as small as 0.5 mm.
- Guided user interface. Intuitive, easy-to-use software provides quick access to saved, favorite treatment settings.
Extend your practice’s reach to millions of potential patients. Across 20+ indications. With a single device. Vbeam Prima.
An estimated 16 million rosacea sufferers18
Up to 50 million Americans with acne19
An estimated 1 in 300 infants with port wine stains20
- Vbeam 510(k) clearance (K033461), January 2004. Vbeam Prima 510(k) clearance (K180593), June 2018.
- Vbeam 510(k) clearance for pigmented lesion handpiece accessory (K051359), July 2005.
- Indications for 1064 nm wavelength. Candela, data on file.
- Bernstein EF, Kligman A. Rosacea treatment using the new- generation, high-energy, 595 nm, long pulse-duration pulsed-dye laser. Lasers Surg Med. 2008;40(4):233-239.
- Woo SH, Ahn HH, Kim SN, Kye YC. Treatment of vascular skin lesions with the variable-pulse 595 nm pulsed dye laser. Dermatol Surg. 2006;32(1):41-48.
- Chapas AM, Eickhorst K, Geronemus RG. Efficacy of early treatment of facial port wine stains in newborns: a review of 49 cases. Lasers Surg Med. 2007;39(7):563-568.
- Jasim ZF, Woo WK, Handley JM. Long-pulsed (6-ms) pulsed dye laser treatment of rosacea-associated telangiectasia using subpurpuric clinical threshold. Dermatol Surg. 2004;30(1):37-40.
- Jørgensen GF, Hedelund L, Hædersdal M. Long-pulsed dye laser versus intense pulsed light for photodamaged skin: a randomized split-face trial with blinded response evaluation. Lasers Surg Med. 2008;40(5):293-299.
- Halachmi S, Israeli H, Ben-Amitai D, Lapidoth M. Treatment of the skin manifestations of hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia with pulsed dye laser. Lasers Med Sci. 2014;29(1):321-324.
- Yu W, Ma G, Qiu Y, et al. Prospective comparison treatment of 595-nm pulsed-dye lasers for virgin port-wine stain. Br J Dermatol. 2015;172(3):684-691.
- Galeckas KJ, Ross EV, Uebelhoer NS. A pulsed dye laser with a 10-mm beam diameter and a pigmented lesion window for purpura-free photorejuvenation. Dermatol Surg. 2007;34:1-6.
- Madan V, Ferguson J. Using the ultra-long pulse width pulsed dye laser and elliptical spot to treat resistant nasal telangiectasia. Lasers Med Sci. 2010;25(1):151-154.
- Bernstein EF, Schomacker K, Paranjape A, Jones CJ. Pulsed dye laser treatment of rosacea using a novel 15 mm diameter treatment beam. Lasers Surg Med. 2018;doi:10.1002/lsm.22819.
- Bernstein EF, Schomacker K, Paranjape A, Jones CJ. Pulsed dye laser treatment of rosacea using a novel 15 mm spot size. Candela, data on file.
- Cohen JL, Geronemus R. Safety and efficacy evaluation of pulsed dye laser treatment, CO2 ablative fractional resurfacing, and combined treatment for surgical scar clearance. J Drugs Dermatol. 2016;15(11):1315-1319.
- Conologue TD, Norwood C. Treatment of surgical scars with the cryogen-cooled 595 nm pulsed dye laser starting on the day of suture removal. Dermatol Surg. 2006;32(1):13-20. Source for claims 15 and 16: plastic surgeons sell sheet
- Bernstein EF. The pulsed-dye laser for treatment of cutaneous conditions. G Ital Dermatol Venereol. 2009;144(5):557-572.
- National Rosacea Society website. Available at: https://www.rosacea.org/patients/index.php.
- American Academy of Dermatology website. Available at: https://www.aad.org/media/stats/conditions/skin-conditions-by-the-numbers.
- Baby Center website. Available at: https://www.babycenter.com/0_birthmarks_75.bc.
Information and media from: https://candelamedical.com/na/provider/product/vbeam-prima-0