Harness The Power Of Sound To Non-Invasively Lift Skin
Ultherapy harnesses ultrasound for the only FDA-cleared non-invasive lift that also improves wrinkles on the chest.
- Single 30-90 Minute Treatment
- No Patient Downtime
- Time-Tested Ultrasound
How Does Ultherapy Work?
Ultherapy harnesses the power of ultrasound to non-invasively lift and tighten skin. Ultrasound is a form of mechanical energy that is significantly diffferent than Light (Lasers) and Electrical (Radio-Frequency) energy. During Ultherapy, ultrasound it is micro-focused below the skin’s surface to cause cellular friction and precise, pin-point heating. Similar to a magnifying glass focusing sunlight, heat is only generated at the focal point, leaving the skin’s surface and intervening tissue unaffected. Tissue at the focal point is heated to ~65°C, causing immediate collagen contraction and denaturation, and initiating aggressive collagen synthesis. Over 90-180 days, the wound-healing response stimulates long-term tissue remodeling and leads to further lifting and tightening, with results that can last a year or more.
The Ultherapy System
The Ultherapy® System is a true platform technology that allows clinicians to simultaneously visualize deep tissue planes while precisely delivering micro-focused ultrasound to these tissues. The system has 4 main components:
- Control Unit
- The control unit has a 27” graphical touchscreen display that provides patented, real-time tissue visualization down to 8mm and easy selection of treatment regions and tracking of treatment progress. It comes complete with the new Amplify™ software, which is clinically proven to increase patient comfort without affecting efficacy. About the size of a personal computer, the control unit is compact, portable and requires minimal room for use and storage.
- The ergonomic design of the Ulthera® handpiece optimizes control and reduces grip fatigue during treatment. The handpiece interfaces with 6 different transducers.
- Ulthera® DeepSEE® transducers provide simultaneous visualization and treatment. Three different treatment depths are currently available – the SMAS/Platysma (4.5mm), Deep Dermis (3mm) and Superficial Dermis (1.5mm). Each transducers is multi-patient use.
- The Ulthera® Cart simplifies use and storage of system components, and its contemporary design makes it look at home in any aesthetic treatment room.
Information and media from: https://ultherapy.com/physicians/key-factors-ultrasound-lift-treatments/