Cynosure’s industry-leading aesthetic platform provides a comprehensive suite of popular treatments for your patients, from hair removal to procedures for pigmentation, vessels, wrinkles, scars, and stretch marks.
One flexible innovation. Multiple treatment possibilities.
Our Icon aesthetic system offers something for nearly every patient you treat. With seven handpieces, over 80 publications, and countless provider success stories—this flexible multi-purpose platform is a industry must-have for practitioners both new and experienced.
Before & After†
Icon: a suite of treatments all in one place
The Icon system offers industry-leading IPL and laser therapies, as well as Skintel(tm), the industry’s only live melanin reader. Developed with safety and efficacy in mind, these features provide the confidence you need and the results patients want for:
- Facial vessel clearance and pigment reduction
- Surgical and acne scar treatment
- Stretch mark treatment
- Wrinkle reduction
- Leg vein clearance
- Permanent hair reduction
- Fractional skin resurfacing
- Can I treat a client who is taking a photosensitizing medication such as an antibiotic
- Drug-induced photosensitivity is caused by the light’s reaction to the medicine being taken. Most reactions occur when the skin is exposed to UVA and UVB rays (sunlight).
Although Cynosure lasers and light-based devices do no emit these types of wavelengths, we highly recommend you proceed with caution and perform test spots prior to treatment to determine client sensitivity and/or suitability.
- My client is using a prescription topical (i.e. Retin-A, TriLuma, acne medications) on their face. How long should they wait before having a laser or light based treatment?
- Before proceeding, it is important to have a medical director assess your client’s skin to determine wait time. Cynosure recommends treatment of healthy, non-irritated skin. In cases where the topical treatment has caused skin to be dry, red, flaky, or otherwise irritated, patients should stop using the product 1-2 weeks prior to any laser treatment.
- My client had gold therapy injections in the past, is it safe to treat with a laser?
- Gold therapy is typically given either orally or by injection to treat arthritis. The laser energy causes a chemical reaction which results in a permanent bluish/gray skin discoloration called chrysiasis. Therefore, any client with a past or present history of gold therapy is contraindicated and treatment is not recommended.
Skintel Melanin Reader
Using Cynosure’s proprietary technology, Skintel allows for accurate assessment of skin type and treatment parameters.
Information and media from: https://www.cynosure.com/product/palomar-icon-aesthetic-system/